MERIDIAN DPA – Digital Pulsewave Analyzer + Heart Rate Variability
A Powerful New Tool for Health Care Professionals
As a health care professional using the DPA, you have a powerful new tool and advanced technology providing you with cardiovascular parameters specific to the health of arteries. In minutes, an easy-to-understand printout is available for identifying cardiovascular disease risk in your clients.
This non-invasive system is capable of measuring arterial compliance. The DPA’s sensitivity to early arterial changes builds highly detailed data for assessment in determining whether clients have potential underlying vascular disease, as well as developing an outline for the practitioner of the potential effects of client-specific risk factors.
The DPA was developed specifically for use in mobile events, clinics and trade show events and can easily and successfully become an important tool in your current client recruitment & retention process.
- The device is FDA 510 (K) cleared and Health Canada approved
- It is Non-Invasive meaning there is no blood and no pain
- The DPA takes a snapshot of the elasticity of your arteries
The printout has information on:
- Heart rate
- Artery flexibility
- Left Ventricle Ejection Level
- Hydration levels
- Peripheral Circulatory Disturbance
- Overall cardiovascular health
The DPA uses infrared light sent to the fingertip and obtains pulse wave information with the light absorbing characteristics of Hemoglobin (the HbO2 of arterial blood). The medical terminology for this measurement method is Plethysmogram (PTG). Our belief is that the use of the DPA can help caregivers reduce cardiovascular disease in their client populations through early detection and prevention, and ultimately assist to decrease the associated financial costs placed on the health care industry. Cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer for both men & women in the United States with an estimated economic cost of over $300 billion.
The DPA provides information on arterial wall stiffness and determines the biological age of arteries in less than 3 minutes. This FDA cleared, user-friendly, non-invasive device uses a finger probe to observe the changes in pressure, blood flow, velocity and profile throughout the whole pulse wave. Aging and disease states associated with an increase in cardiovascular events alter the physical characteristics of blood vessel walls and impair the pulsatile function of arteries. Accelerated Plethysmogram (APG) Waveform – The second derivative of PTG – an excellent method to evaluate the biological age of arteries.
Measurements With The DPA
- Pulse Rate
- Ejection time (Etc)
- Pulse Height (PH) – Pulse amplitude
- Ejection Elastic Index (EEI)– indicator of Left Ventricle ejection and elasticity of large arteries
- Dicrotic Dilation Index (DDI)- indicator of small artery compliance
- Dicrotic Elastic Index (DEI) – peripheral vessel elasticity (arterioles to veins)
- Software program to measure Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Software program will store all client information DPA Advantages
- Early detection of arterial wall elasticity and determination of biological arterial age in 1 minute.
- Software program tests Heart Rate Variability (HRV) in 5 minutes
- Monitors effectiveness of therapeutic intervention
- Monitors arterial wall response to lifestyles changes / reduction of cardiovascular risk factors
- Non-invasive – uses a LED/Photodiode finger probe sensor.
- The device is FDA 510 (K) cleared and Health Canada approved.
- Lightweight and portable (12 lbs)
- User friendly
- Can be used alone (thermal printer) or interfaced with computer for storage of information
- Color printout data sheet when interfaced with user’s computer/printer
- Revenue generator. Learn more about this cost-effective DPA screening device which is easy to use:
- Help your clients see the results and effects of compliance with your protocols.