Meridian Digital Arterial Pulsewave Analyzer
“The Meridian Medical DPA system is one of the best medical tools I have ever used and provides one of the most comprehensive cardiovascular screenings available.” – Dr Nichols
Check your Patient’s Heart and Blood Vessels in 1 Non-Invasive Minute
Discover Arterial Aging – See Arterial Stiffness – Show Circulation of Large and Small Arteries and Capillaries
And then track progress with our very fine grained test results.
The Meridian DPA will tell you in 1 minute if your patient is suffering from arterial wall stiffness and gives you an accurate estimate of the biological age of the arteries. This 1 Minute test report will show on the provided laptop and can be printed or saved. This information allows you to get your patient onto an appropriate program to address the problem before it develops into something more serious.
The Meridian DPA is an FDA Approved Class II medical device. The Meridian DPA also has Health Canada and EU medical clearances.
A Powerful New Tool for Health Care Professionals
“The Meridian DPA is in a class of its own, when it comes to some of the technology that I depend on to communicate with my patients and to create the trust that we depend upon to move us towards the clinical excellence that we strive for.”– Dr. Michael Butler
The DPA Photo-Plethysmograph is a FDA approved device used to measure and analyze pulse waveforms and heart rate. It provides information regarding changes in arterial blood volume and vascular resistance by way of a non-invasive, infrared light fingertip probe.
The measurement probe consists of a light-emitting diode (infrared LED) and a photodiode placed on opposite sides as a light receiver
The light from the LED is transmitted through the tissue at the tip of the finger. The Photodiode detects the changes in the amount of light absorbed by hemoglobin. The change in density of the blood is graphed, which forms the Plethysmograph (PTG) Report.
The DPA converts the changes of transmitted light into a waveform and displays digital values of pulse rate as well as a graphic display of the pulse waveform and indices on the LCD screen.
The DPA also displays the second derivative pulse waveform (Accelerated Plethysmograph – APG) to provide a better evaluation of arterial aging.
Additional Test for ANS: By using a PC based DPA expert software program, the DPA is also able to measure Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and provide the quantitative analysis of the stress response by time and frequency domains. It indicates the regulation status and balance of the autonomic nervous system.
1. Early stage exam of cardiovascular diseases by automatic waveform measurement / analysis
- Early diagnosis on arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, peripheral circulatory disturbance by PTG (Plethysmograph) and APG (Accelerated Plethysmograph) measurement
- Analysis on blood circulation status by PTG
- Analysis on blood vessel aging status by APG
- Ability to plan the treatment and follow up the patient under treatment in early stage
2. Balance exam of autonomic nervous system by HRV(Heart Rate Variability)
- Ability to save the HRV data and analyze its data in terms of time and frequency domains in 5 min.
- Body response on stress evaluation
- Statistic process capability on the activity of the autonomic nervous system by quantitative analysis
- Easy to evaluate the treatment methods or effectiveness of medicines
3. User friendly operation
- Simple exam procedure
- Quick 1 – 5 minute(s) measurement time
- Convenient operation by automatic measurement / analysis
- Simple and fast operation by using Window software
- Easy management of patient Database
4. Everything Included
Pricing for the Medical device, pre-loaded laptop and all peripherals is $8495.00. Financing is available.